> ## Content Index
> Fetch the complete content index at: https://www.smdp.com/llms.txt
> Use this file to discover other available public pages before exploring further.

# LOS ANGELES -Kidnap suspect held after LA standoff; woman still missing
- URL: https://www.smdp.com/los-angeles-kidnap-suspect-held-after-la-standoff-woman-still-missing/
- Published: 2019-07-31T12:40:51.000Z
- Updated: 2024-12-04T14:14:47.000Z
- Author: Associated Press
- Tags: Community, Crime, News, amanda kathleen custer, kidnap, Los Angeles, monrovia, Police, robert anthony camou, scott hoglund, SWAT, #wp, #wp-post, #Import 2025-11-06 12:50

A man suspected of kidnapping a woman was arrested after a five-hour standoff in Los Angeles but authorities say the victim remains missing.

Police spotted the man in a parked car early Tuesday morning and he refused to surrender until SWAT vehicles boxed in the vehicle and officers used tear gas.

Authorities had been seeking 27-year-old Robert Anthony Camou since witnesses reported seeing 31-year-old Amanda Kathleen Custer being put into the back of a car on Monday in suburban Monrovia.

Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Scott Hoglund says officers found blood at the Monrovia scene.

Hoglund says Monrovia police have handled numerous domestic violence incidents involving the pair.

Associated Press