> ## Content Index
> Fetch the complete content index at: https://www.smdp.com/llms.txt
> Use this file to discover other available public pages before exploring further.

# Murder suspect pleads not guilty
- URL: https://www.smdp.com/murder-suspect-pleads-not-guilty-2/
- Published: 2010-08-04T07:00:00.000Z
- Updated: 2024-07-17T03:23:39.000Z
- Description: AIRPORT COURTHOUSE — A 55-year-old man accused of stabbing a woman to death on Sunday in the courtyard of the Santa Monica home for the mentally ill where she lived pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder on Tuesday afternoon.
- Author: user
- Tags: Crime, SMO, News, Airport, Santa Monica Airport, #wp, #wp-post, #Import 2025-11-06 14:04

AIRPORT COURTHOUSE — A 55-year-old man accused of stabbing a woman to death on Sunday in the courtyard of the Santa Monica home for the mentally ill where she lived pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder on Tuesday afternoon.

The man, Rigoberto Ruiz, allegedly stabbed his victim, Rosalind Sue Olson, 61, in the chest after a confrontation that took place at The Manor, a home for the mentally ill and developmentally disabled located at 1905 Pico Blvd.

Olson, a resident of the facility, was pronounced dead at 8:20 a.m. Sunday by paramedics from the Santa Monica Fire Department.

Police said they recovered a knife they believe is the murder weapon but have not disclosed further details about the attack.

Ruiz, who had been living in a semi-assisted living facility on the 2000 block of Pico Boulevard that is affiliated with The Manor, was arrested on Sunday without incident.

A Los Angeles County Superior Court record revealed Ruiz in 1991 was convicted of robbery.

He is being held on $1 million bail. His next court hearing is set for Aug. 10 at the Airport Courthouse, said Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.

nickt@www.smdp.com