CITY HALL — The 20 highest paid employees at City Hall each earned more than $200,000 last year, including a sergeant in the Santa Monica Police Department who took home roughly $8,000 more than his boss, the chief of police, a review by the Daily Press of 2009 wage and tax statements revealed.
Crime Watch is a weekly series culled from reports provided by the Santa Monica Police Department. These are arrests only. All parties are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
CITY HALL — The Santa Monica City Council stuck to its guns on Tuesday and upheld its boycott of Arizona companies, unanimously rejecting a recommendation by staff to purchase $3 million worth of “manufactured homes” from a company located in that state.
Editor’s note: This story is part of an ongoing series that tracks the city’s expenditures appearing on upcoming Santa Monica City Council consent agendas.
CITY HALL — The City Council is set to vote tonight on whether to go ahead with a $3 million purchase of replacement “manufactured homes” from Arizona-based Cavco Industries, despite deciding in May to boycott California’s eastern neighbor over the state’s controversial anti-illegal immigration law.
CITY HALL — An independent review of a recent Santa Monica Police Department investigation into whether school board member Oscar de la Torre committed child endangerment in connection with a fist fight between two teenagers is expected to begin this week, City Manager Rod Gould said on Friday.
CITY HALL — Five-term City Council incumbent Bob Holbrook on Monday said he plans to seek re-election to a four-year term, ending speculation he might challenge council colleagues Gleam Davis and Terry O’Day for a two-year seat in November’s election.
Crime Watch is a weekly series culled from reports provided by the Santa Monica Police Department. These are arrests only. All parties are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
CITY HALL — Santa Monica officials have agreed to conduct an independent review of police actions during a four-month investigation into whether school board member Oscar de la Torre committed child endangerment in connection with an after school fist fight between two teenagers.
CITY HALL — Planning to shed new light on Santa Monica’s streets and parks, the City Council at its meeting tonight is set to approve $1.57 million to upgrade street lamps and add new lighting fixtures around town.
Crime Watch is a weekly series culled from reports provided by the Santa Monica Police Department. These are arrests only. All parties are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
PICO BLVD — Following a four-month investigation, Santa Monica police believe they have enough evidence to charge school board member Oscar de la Torre with felony child endangerment in connection with a fist fight between two high school students.