Crime Watch is a weekly series culled from reports provided by the Santa Monica Police Department. These are arrests only. All parties are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
KINGMAN AVE — Two people were slightly injured Thursday morning during a fire at a three-story home in Santa Monica where some marijuana plants were found, public safety officials said.
MAIN LIBRARY — The next time you visit one of Santa Monica’s libraries, you better be on your best behavior because if you become a nuisance and continually break the rules, you could find yourself banned.
CITY HALL — While Santa Monica city officials were worried last year that they may have to tap into a “rainy day” fund to help close a projected $13 million budget deficit, it turns out they had nothing to fear after all, ending up with a budget surplus of $7.
CITY HALL — If you like taking a dip at the Santa Monica Swim Center, are an avid lawn bowler or have a kid enrolled in a city-run sports league, be prepared to pay more come July 1.
MID-CITY — Looking for a good ride on Saturday night? If that peaks your interest, you may want to check out Hellride, a “live only” all-star outfit made up of a trio of iconic rockers playing this weekend at the CENTRAL Social Aid and Pleasure Club.
THIRD COURT — Neighborhood Resource Officers Richard Carranza and Art Williams were out in force Tuesday, but instead of looking for criminals, they were looking for couches.
DOWNTOWN — Seniors who have become accustomed to purchasing 13-ride passes for the Big Blue Bus will have to wait a few weeks to buy more due to a shortage created by high demand, transit officials said.
Theatre department raising funds Santa Monica high school’s theatre department is currently seeking the community’s help to raise funds for a program they say gives students a unique opportunity to express themselves.
DOWNTOWN — School board member Oscar de la Torre is calling on the Santa Monica Police Department to conduct a thorough evaluation of cases handled by an investigator whose tactics were called into question by an independent review board.
Editor’s note: This story is part of an ongoing series that tracks the city’s expenditures appearing on upcoming Santa Monica City Council consent agendas.
CITY HALL — The Santa Monica Police Department’s investigation into school board member Oscar de la Torre’s actions during a fight between two teens was appropriate, as was sending the case on to prosecutors, according to a report released Monday by the Los Angeles County Office of Independent Revie